Manager, User Experience & Education
Full time, Remote, Competitive Salary
At Heroic, we turn entrepreneurs into online superheroes by giving them beautiful, easy to update sites that work to grow their business.
And the time has come for us to find a Superhero who can help cultivate our growing Support department at Heroic.
We’re looking for the right person to manage and build out Heroic’s Education & Support so that users are rarely confused, but when they are, find the right resources at the right time, and want to tell friends about our amazing support.
- You put your teammates' and users' needs first. You enjoy helping support teams and enabling them to do great work. You put in the time to understand the strengths and weaknesses of those who report to you, providing ways to magnify their strengths and provide feedback to improve their weaknesses.
- You have experience driving results. You've successfully led projects involving the work of a team of people. You do this by holding that team accountable to goals and stay aligned with company-wide priorities, while enabling your team to work autonomously.
- You have excellent communication skills. You make sure those who report to you understand how they are doing and what is important at any point in time. You're always available with a suggestion on how to phrase a response to a tricky customer ticket.
- You always keep your commitments. We believe actions speak louder than words, and that if you make a commitment, to yourself, to a team member, or a customer, you honor it no matter what.
- You have experience hiring and managing a team. This isn't your first rodeo. You have hired, trained and managed folks before.
- You love helping users directly. Everyone at Heroic does Support, and as a leader in the Support team it's part of your daily routine. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not feel stupid because of a small mistake. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won't give up when you don't know the answer right away.
- You wear many hats. You are constantly leveling up your people management skills. You have the relevant Support skills to build rapport with those you manage. On a weekly basis you can expect to be holding one-on-ones with Heroic Support team members, thinking through tricky tickets and giving feedback, prioritizing Support project work, creating new (or revising existing) documentation to reduce future confusion, and helping influence the direction of Support for all of the Heroic Ecosystem.
- You take pride in empowering teammates. As a manager you know that by helping to get the best out of many people, you can achieve results far greater than would be possible alone. That challenge motivates and excites you.
- You desire to be a part of a positive force of change around the world for business owners.
Things You Might Do
- Be the face of all things “Education” at Heroic.
- Monitor our users’ experience, and gather data & intel for your role by working the front lines of support (email and chat) until we build out the support team.
- Make recommendations to the team about feature changes or user requests.
- Review existing documentation, update existing or create new documentation as needed.
- Take charge of hiring for training the support team when the time comes.
- Run our regular educational webinars and be constantly reviewing our documentation, looking for ways to up-level and provide a better more efficient experience to users.
- Post on Heroic’s social media properties to connect with users and potential users. We want a mix of educational to engage the head, and more emotional content and stories from users and community to engage the heart.
Don't send us a resumé. It's boring.
Instead we offer a better way to apply:
1. Sign up for a trial Heroic account at: http://heroicnow.com
2. Pick a feature of our app and write a tutorial for it. (You can see the style we prefer over here.)
3. Send your work to [email protected]. If we think there's a fit, we'll be in touch.
P.S. Here are some things we'd love to see in your tutorial:
- A short intro, framing the concrete benefit the user will get from your article
- Short sentences written in an informal, breezy yet authoritative way
- Graphics where appropriate/required
We're looking forward to meeting you soon!
Until then, be heroic :)